Monday, June 28, 2010

Zephyrs Baseball with the 4th Marine Air Wing

There have been many summer evenings that Steve and I have taken the kids to watch a Zephyrs Baseball game. This past Friday night was different because I was throwing out the first pitch! I had VERY mixed emotions about being asked to do this! On one hand, it was truly an honor to be asked, AND my sons would think I was SO COOL! On the other hand, I am the least athletically inclined person you will ever meet. As always, my supportive husband was there to encourage me. He spent a few evenings in the back yard with me catching the ball, sometimes chasing the ball. I am happy to report that I actually threw the ball, the catcher caught it AND he didn't have to dive for it....SUCCESS!!! In addition to having the honor of throwing out the first pitch, I also was privileged to spend the rest of the evening enjoying the game with the 4th Marine Air Wing and their families. I would like to thank the Marines and their families for sharing their evening with me! God Bless America!!!

Pictured above -
Myself with Stacey Richard-Martin, Mrs. LA America Director

No comments:

Post a Comment