Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Prevent Child Abuse Louisiana

I am so excited to announce my partnership with Prevent Child Abuse Louisiana (PCAL), a non-profit organization whose mission is to prevent the abuse and neglect of Louisiana's children. I was approached by PCAL after they read the article about my new title as Mrs. Louisiana in The Boot magazine. They thought my platform went along well with their organization and its mission. This is also a plus for me to be able to get back to doing what I love which is using my background as a social worker. Within the first few minutes of our meeting, I knew that I had found an organization that I could really put my heart into. The more we talked, the more excited I became! PCAL is very similar to an organization that I worked with in Hawaii, with many of the same programs. One of the many important programs offered is a toll-free number for parents in need. KIDLINE (1-800-CHILDREN) is an anonymous, toll-free, statewide telephone service offering crisis intervention, support, parenting information and referrals to community resources within the state of Louisiana.

I am happy to announce that I will also join their Annual Fund Campaign, which kicks off in just a few weeks. It is my hope that together we will raise the funds to keep this organization thriving and helping Louisiana's children and parents. PCAL is funded solely through government grants and its annual fund, which makes this campaign very important. In today's economy with all of the government cut backs, it is more important than ever to support organizations such as these.

PCAL has only a small staff, so if you are interested in volunteering your time or if you would like to make a monetary donation to this very worthwhile organization, please contact PCAL or myself directly. You can also visit their website at www.pcal.org

No comments:

Post a Comment